Sources of support for parents
Please find on this page useful phone numbers or contact details to help and support you with benefits, housing, food banks etc during the Coronavirus pandemic.
Stay well and safe.
Tameside Early Help Pathways and Other Support Services
Tameside Council’s Early Help, Early Years and Neighbourhoods team has pooled a wealth of resources onto the website so that information can be found quickly and simply. The user-friendly website was created in response from professionals and service users asking for a central place to find all the relevant and reliable support they need.
While useful at any time, it’s particularly beneficial during the coronavirus restrictions when parents might need more support. It’s also been adjusted to include all the latest support available despite service changes caused by Covid-19. The parents/carers & Young Persons section includes links to accessing Early Help, Children’s Centres, Grow in Tameside, Young Carers support, a handy Service Information Directory and much more.
Mental health and wellbeing:
has links to various agencies which will support with mental health and wellbeing during the current time:
- Shout crisis service – a 24/7 text service with trained crisis volunteers who will chat using trained techniques via text responses
- Kooth – an on-line counselling and emotional well-being platform for children and young people
- Living Life to the Full is one of the world’s most used wellbeing support packages and aims to provide key information using everyday non-complex language
- BlueIce – an evidenced-based app to help young people manage their emotions and reduce urges to self-harm. This is only available on ‘prescription’ from a clinician working in child and adolescent mental health services.
- SilverCloud – an online therapy programme for adults proven to help with stress, anxiety, low-mood and depression.
- The Anthony Seddon Fund - The Talk Shop offer 1-2-1 couselling for children and young people age 9-19 on a Thursday evening. Contact 0161 376 4439 for an appointment.
Tameside Women's Centre collection of support sources
If you scroll down to the Coronavirus support section, there are links to all sorts of resources.